We recommend Oxalic acid – the reliable and eco-friendly varroa treatment for your beehive. Varroa mites do not build up resistance to this naturally occurring product therefore you can use it constantly. (That is, apart from when the honey flow is on). We supply both a commercially viable treatment device – the Sublimox – as well as an economical option for the hobbyist – the Vapmite. Hive World sells Oxalic Acid in 350g jars for economy and convenience.
Important to Note: Oxalic Acid is a toxic and corrosive substance that can be harmful to health. During the filling of your devices as well as during treatment it is essential to wear a face mask, gloves and long sleeved clothing.
We also stock bayvarol strips as another option to hit the mites with all you can.