Hive World stocks APIVAR Varroa treatment:
- Use Apivar as a reciprocal treatment for Bayvarol. In other words, apply one product in the Autumn and the other in the Spring.
- supplied in multiples of 1 x 12 strip packet or as 1 x 4 strip for the convenience of the single hive owner. 1 x 4 strip pack is sufficient to treat 2 x brood boxes – use only 2 x strips per brood box.
- Due to the build-up of resistance to chemical products by the varroa mite, it is necessary to keep a close eye on your hives year round. Alternative treatments are available if you discover rising levels of mites between treatments. See oxalic treatments: https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/vapmite-oxalic-acid-vaporiser/ or https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/sublimox-apf-plus/
- Do not use Apivar Varroa Treatment more than once a year. This will ensure the mites cannot build up resistance to the product.
- It is very important to use the strips exactly as directed. Always be sure to remove them from the hive at the end of the 10 week treatment period.