Bayvarol Strips for varroa treatment:
- Foil packet contains 4 strips. Once opened contents need to be used within 6 – 8 weeks or discarded.
- Easy and safe to use – simply inset between frames in brood box. For healthy strong colonies use 4 strips per brood chamber; in weaker or new colonies 2 strips per brood chamber is sufficient.
- Leave in hive for 6 – 8 weeks
- Best used in early spring before the honey flow or late summer after honey harvest. However, it can be used any time if there are severe infestations of mites.
- Bayvarol strips are used as a rotational treatment with Apitraz. Use one in Spring and the other in Autumn to prevent varroa resistance.
- Quantity price option for 5 packets.
- Take care to keep product out of direct sunlight as the active ingredients can be destroyed very easily.
- Carefully follow instructions on the packet to ensure you do not under-treat your hives. This is an important precaution to help avoid resistance building up in the varroa mite.