Hive World now stocks Formic Pro in a 2-dose packet as an additional weapon in the ongoing war against varroa.
Why treat with Formic Pro?
- has an 83-97% efficacy. Kills both male and female varroa under the brood cap as well as varroa on adult bees.
- made from all natural RAW materials
- used for over 30 years without any known resistance
- ready to use out of the package. No mixing required.
- can treat during the honey flow. Formic Pro leaves no residues in wax or honey.
- strips are made from all natural biodegradable materials and can be composted.
- 24 month shelf life and does not require any temperature controlled storage.
- quick treatment: full dose (2 strips) for 7 days.
apply 2 strips and leave for 7 days. Outside daytime temperature highs should be between 10° and 29.5°C on day of application. First 3 days are the most crucial.
Remove entrance reducers. Entrance opening must be full width of the hive for the entire duration of the treatment. Screen bottom boards should be closed off during treatment to prevent formic acid vapour loss.
Feed colonies as they build up. Continue to monitor feed stores to ensure your bees receive adequate nutrition throughout the beekeeping season.
Monitor your mite levels. In colonies with brood, mite populations double about once a month. (Even quicker when there is large amounts of drone brood!).
Treat in the spring to protect your summer bees. Treat again in the autumn to protect the bees that will make up the winter cluster.
READ & FOLLOW LABEL GUIDELINES:
Follow all application instructions to achieve best results.