The Hive mat (also known as a crown board):
- comes in two sizes: 22mm rim regular (finished size 510 x 410; hardboard measurement 478 x 375) and nuc which is a finished size of 510 x 228 (hardboard measurement: 478 x 193mm).
- Insulates your supers from temperature extremes.
- helps to prevent condensation inside the hive.
- Using a hive mat will prevent your lid from being propolized down and therefore unable to be removed.
- Made from kiln dried rims with a tempered hardboard sheet
- Use the regular hive mat for making your own escape boards when harvesting honey. Simply add a porter, metal-corner or 8-way bee escape. (The Hive World assembled escape board https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/8-way-assembled-escape-board/ )
- If using with a top feeder, make a small hole in the centre to allow the bees access to the feeder.
- For quantity pricing, please call us.