8 way assembled escape board
$19.10 Excluding GST
Hive World’s 40 mm deep 8-way assembled escape board allows the bees to exit the super before harvesting.
This proven method does not require chemical intervention.
Place underneath the super to be extracted and return between 2 and 24 hours to remove the super without the bees.Do not leave too much longer or the bees will tend to find their way back!
When harvesting from hives with very strong colonies and the honey flow is still in progress, it is necessary to provide a super with empty combs on top of the brood nest below the harvest board, to accommodate the bees coming down. It is also essential to ensure that the supers being emptied are absolutely bee-tight to prevent robbing once they are empty of bees.
Hive World’s 40 mm deep 8-way assembled escape board:
- allows the bees to quickly exit the super before harvesting.
- a great non-chemical method of emptying bees from your super.
- Although this method requires two trips to your apiary, there is way less stress on the bees. As well, it is the best method to use in order to avoid a robbing frenzy.
- Firstly, separate the supers you wish to extract from the lower supers with your harvest tool (Hive World’s Big Brute works a treat here): https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/big-brute-hive-tool/
- Secondly, place the 8-way assembled escape board on the lower supers and replace the honey super(s) you want to empty. Return between 2 and 24 hours later to remove the emptied super(s).
- Do not leave too much longer or the bees will tend to find their way back.
- When using this method ensure that the top supers are absolutely bee-tight to prevent robbing once they have been emptied of bees.
- If you have a large colony, be sure to allow sufficient boxes below the escape board to accommodate the bees coming down from the honey supers. For extra boxes check our commercial full depth supers: https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/hive-box-commercial-grade/
For quantity pricing , please call us 0800 000 770
|Dimensions||51 × 41 × 4.3 cm|