WHEN TO USE:
- in the late summer/autumn immediately after harvesting while maximum daily temperatures are between 12 and 30 degrees Celsius.
- in spring before the first honey supers are added.
Do not use when collecting comb honey or when honey supers are on the hive.
- Open one sealed sachet (containing 5 wafers) and cut one wafer in half. Place on top of brood box. Use 2 wafers for a double brood box (no need to cut).
- Close up hive as usual and ensure all open floors are closed. Re-apply in 3-4 weeks.
- After treatment period, scrape remains off top bar and remove.
- Any unsealed wafers should be used at the same time or discarded.
- Treat all hives at the same time to prevent robbing.
HOW THYMOVAR VARROA TREATMENT WORKS:
- Thymovar contains the volatile oil “thymol”. When treating, thymol vapour concentrations build up in the hive. This is highly toxic to varroa mites but safe for bees.
- This treatment is BioGro NZ certified and research has proven an 87-97% efficacy rate.
Hive World recommends using a variety of treatment methods to ensure success in the constant battle against varroa mite.