Stainless steel varroa mesh
$10.00 Excluding GST
Hive World supplies stainless steel varroa mesh cut to size to fit your hive base.
Measurement: 330mm x 370mm.
8 (2.5mm) mesh size
Varroa mesh assists your varroa elimination by allowing varroa removed by bees self-grooming to fall through but preventing them from climbing back into the hive. Allows you to check the varroa fall regularly and ensure your current treatment is having the optimal effect.
Hive World supplies Stainless Steel Varroa Mesh:
- ready cut to convenient size (330mm x 370mm) to install on your baseboard. https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/hive-base-board-kitset-untreated/
- No. 8 mesh size – 0.7mm wire (304 stainless steel woven mesh) with a 2.5mm hole size
- Stainless steel Varroa Mesh is a multi-purpose product to assist you in the constant fight against varroa. Firstly, varroa dislodged by the bees self-grooming will fall through the wire. (See the Bee Gym to encourage self-grooming – https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/bee-gym/ ). However, once underneath, the mesh prevents them climbing back. As a result, you can easily carry out varroa counts to check how your current varroa treatment is performing. This is easily done by placing a sheet of corflute or similar under the mesh covered opening to catch the culprits. We also supply a baseboard assembled with mesh ready to use https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/hive-world-ventilated-base/
- Secondly, varroa mesh allows ventilation into the hive without allowing wasps, ants, wax moth, rodents or other pests access.
- The stainless steel mesh is long-lasting, food-safe, non-chemical and cost-effective.
- In conclusion, a great tool in the beekeepers armoury ensuring the good health of his bees.
|Dimensions||40 × 34 × .2 cm|