Hive World supplies a Section Rack Complete package for your bees to produce beautiful comb honey. This includes:
- 1 x wooden section rack with 2 x spring clips and wooden divider
- 28 x English wooden sections (for you to assemble – dampen the sections first to enable you to fold them without splitting the wood)
- 28 x squares of thin beeswax foundation to insert in the sections
- Cardboard cases to protect your comb for selling/presentation (28)
- 8 x plastic dividers to keep your comb separated and clean for harvest
This is a premium product – the traditional way to produce beautiful comb honey. For best results, put your sections in the hive when the honey is at peak flow so the bees fill the comb quickly and cleanly.
Do be aware that from Kaikoura north and including the North Island there is a risk of tutin poisoning if you are harvesting after December and before July. Your local Beekeepers Club will be able to help you with your areas risk level. There is also information on the MPI site https://www.mpi.govt.nz/dmsdocument/11137/direct to assist you.
We also sell cellophane bags in packs of 28 if you wish to purchase these: https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/cellophane-bags/
Some photos courtesy of Arron Baker.