English Comb Honey Sections x 10
$16.90 Excluding GST
This price is for pack of 10
Requires thin wax foundation 105 x 105mm
Supplied as a flat pack. Before folding the sections into shape, dampen the timber. This will soften it and prevent breaking the edges. (see page 212 of the Practical Beekeeping in New Zealand book)
English Comb Honey Sections:
- Sections were once the most popular way of producing comb honey. They are not so popular now that frames are universally extracted but they are still the premium product for marketing comb honey.
- The sections are supplied flat packed in packets of 10.
- Before folding into shape, you need to dampen the fold edges thoroughly to avoid breaking timber.
- The completed section measures 108mm by 108mm by 48mm deep.
- There are grooves around three sides and a split top to insert the thin wax foundation into.
- Sections are fitted either in a section rack for quantity or placed in a hanging frame if just wanting a few combs.
|Dimensions||43 × 5 × 3.5 cm|