Hive World’s Plastic Handle Capping Scratcher:
- Sturdy moulded plastic handle fits your hand comfortably when working.
- Ideal for pricking when extracting manuka honey as it helps the honey flow freely. Manuka honey, although very thick, has thixotrophic properties which means shaking or agitating it causes it to liquefy.
- Metal tines easily scratch across the honey cells for extracting
- This tool is also handy for checking drone brood for varroa mites – simply push into the capped cell and lift out the white drone larvae to easily see any mites in the brood. This enables you to assess your treatment needs accurately.
- The plastic handle capping scratcher is an economical multi-purpose tool that will prove an extremely versatile aid while working your hives.