Plastic Foundation Insert
$15.00 – $16.00 Excluding GST
Hive World’s Full Depth Plastic Foundation Insert fits neatly into our Kitset Grooved Timber Frames.
Available in Full depth and 3/4 depth. Sold in packs of 10.
Plastic foundation needs to be waxed to encourage the bees to draw out the comb. This is an economical way of providing for your hives as beeswax foundation is becoming an increasingly costly option. Plastic is more robust than wax foundation therefore it can handle the extraction process repeatedly.
Please also see our kitset timber frames MH-TFKG to hold the foundation.
Hive World’s Plastic Foundation Insert for timber frames:
- Plastic Foundation Inserts are a good choice for those who like to use wooden frames but want the convenience, economy and strength of plastic.
- Available in Full depth and 3/4 Depth
- To enable the bees to draw out the comb efficiently, you will need to wax the plastic foundation.
- This is a more economical option than beeswax foundation. Firstly, because as well as being a much cheaper original cost you can also re-use your plastic foundation again and again.
- A plastic foundation insert is more robust than wax and can handle the extraction process repeatedly.
- It is also much quicker to put your frames together.
- Minimum order quantity 10
full depth, 3/4 depth