HiveWorld supplies the Apibox Maxi comb honey system suitable for using in your Langstroth hives:
- Comb honey production with a difference!
- A completely self-contained set, the basswood frame comes with 24 plastic PET boxes placed 12 on each side.
- The basswood frame is wider than the standard frame (35mm) so it can support two rows of boxes.
- We can also supply 24 pack PET refills so you can re-use your frame next season.
- The bottom of each box has a honeycomb texture on which the bees can build honeycomb without the need to insert any wax foundation. We apply a light spray of beeswax to your boxes to get you started.
- Apibox sections can hold up to around 125g of honeycomb each.
- Once the bees have filled the boxes, simply remove from frame and close with the supplied lid and voila! You have a ready to sell product.
- The boxes are made from PET plastic. This is a safe, non-toxic and recyclable material suitable for storage of food and beverages.
- Always remember the rules for harvesting comb honey. Do not harvest comb honey after December in tutin-affected areas. It is also essential that you test a sample of the comb before sale.
- For the best results set your apibox maxi comb honey system up in a strong hive at the peak of the early summer flow.