Hive World Comb Honey System.
$34.34 Excluding GST
Hive World provides you with a great variety of options to produce comb honey. This simple method uses a 3/4 Depth timber frame complete with 8 x 250 gram plastic comb honey sections and wax foundation to suit. An easy economical way to obtain comb honey – simply slip the frame in your super and let the bees do the rest!
For best results, place in hive when the bees are pumping i.e. during the spring honey flow. Once the comb is capped, remove from frame and fit the plastic covers supplied for safe storage.
Be aware of the tutin risk for honey in the North Island (and upper South Island) after 31 December and through to July.
The HiveWorld Comb Honey System consists of:
- 1 x 3/4 depth timber frame, specially made in order to take 8 x 250g plastic sections (included).
- Thin beeswax foundation is cut to fit the sections
- 8 sets of clear plastic lids cover the sections once they are filled.
- Easy to use, simply hang the frame in your super in the peak of the spring honey flow to ensure the best results. Comb honey needs to be filled and capped quickly to look its best.
- Be aware of the tutin risk if your hives are located in a danger area for this toxic plant. Honeycomb will need to be tested.
- The HiveWorld Comb Honey System is an economical option to produce just a few comb honey sections to try out your skill (or, I should say, your bees skill!). Once you have got your confidence you can fill your whole super!
- Plastic comb honey refills are available to purchase: https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product/8-x-250g-honey-cassettes/