Flexible Propolis Mat
$8.10 Excluding GST
Hive World’s high quality flexible Propolis Mat won’t crack when harvesting propolis.
This is a great way of adding income to your hive. Simply replace your inner cover (hive mat) with the propolis mat in your hive and raise the lid slightly to allow light in. This encourages the bees to make more propolis to cover the hole. When the mat is full, freeze in a large plastic rubbish bag. When chilled you can easily twist the mat and loosen the propolis.
N.B: Autumn is the typical peak propolis production time.
Our quality flexible Propolis Mat:
- This is a great way to add extra income to your hive by collecting the propolis. Make some money from the sticky habits of your bees instead of getting annoyed by stuck-up hives. Think – “If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em”.
- Scientists are discovering new benefits of propolis as well as evaluating exciting medical breakthroughs. A proven natural antiseptic (read more here:) https://www.hiveworld.co.nz/product-category/hiveware/harvesting/
- Our propolis mats, manufactured from flexible food-grade polyethylene, make it easy to remove the propolis for harvesting
- We have had great feedback from customers using our Propolis mats. The flexibility and strength despite being lightweight ensures they are easy to handle.
- Replace the hivemat with the propolis mat and lift the corner of the hive lid slightly to let light in. The bees will work hard to block the light by propolising the mat.
- When it is full place in a large plastic rubbish bag in the freezer and when chilled you can simply twist it and the propolis crumbles off.
- N.B. Autumn is typically the peak season for propolis production.
|Dimensions||50 × 40.5 × .4 cm|