Hive World supplies Candle Wick for your beeswax candles:
- we have 11 sizes in stock: No. 0, No. 1a, No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, No. 5, No. 6, No. 7,No. 8, No. 9 and No. 10. All of our available moulds use one of these – refer to the size required for the mould you are using and order accordingly (except for No. 0 which is for very thin candles of 6mm-13mm diameter and Nos 7, 8, 9 and 10 which are used on candles from 63.9 to 100mm diameter.)
- comes in convenient 5m lengths for economy
- this candle wick is the correct quality for using with beeswax and is made from pure cotton.
- beeswax requires a thicker wick than other waxes (e.g. paraffin or soy) so if you are using other wax you may go down a size or two with your wick thickness.
Candlewick Sizing Guide:
- 10 wick is for candles 100mm diameter
- 9 wick is for candles 89mm diameter
- 8 wick is for candles 76mm diameter
- 7 wick is for candles 63.5mm diameter
- 6 wick is for candles 50mm diameter
- 5 wick is for candles 43mm diameter
- 4 wick for candles 38mm diameter
- 3 wick for candles 32mm diameter
- 2 wick for candles 25mm diameter
- 1a wick for candles of 19mm diameter
- 0 which is suitable for a solid candle up to 6mm diameter or a rolled candle up to 13mm.
You will find it helpful to watch our video on making beeswax candles using our silicon moulds. See the link below: