Hive World are the suppliers of Paradise Nuc & Mate Hive Bee Boxes.
- This world renowned system provides your bees with the premium conditions for queen rearing.
- Strong high density polystyrene (100kg/m3) ensures well insulated hives. As a result, brood establishes earlier in the season than regular hives.
- The lock-tight construction of the boxes makes for a sturdy product that will last for decades. These boxes stack easily and thus are easy to transport.
- A well ventilated design (including a mesh inlay on the base) keeps these hives healthy for your bees.
- We recommend painting the boxes inside and out, as bees seem to nibble at the polystyrene otherwise.
- The Paradise Nuc & Mate hive is an ingenious combination that allows you to start off two queens within the one box by using a division board. Once established, the nuc easily enlarges for wintering over or stepping up to a full size hive. They are provided with two entrances – the use of an entrance reducer can block off one thereby allowing the box to be used as a regular single nuc.
- For further information see the Paradise website link below: http://paradisehoney.net/en/project/nuc-and-mate-series/
- For those of you worried about burning polystyrene as a result of an AFB infection see the attached report on burning Polystyrene. also see link to environmental report – http://www.eps.co.uk/pdfs/sustainable_choice_02-09.pdf