Chinese grafting tool
The Chinese grafting tool is the most popular type on the market.
Made of bamboo and plastic with a flexible head that easily slides under the larvae and royal jelly to scoop it out of the cell. Spring loaded for delicately placing larvae safely in the cell cup.
The Chinese grafting tool is:
- the most popular type on the market.
- made of bamboo and plastic with a small, very thin flexible head that easily slides under the larvae and royal jelly to scoop it out of the cell.
- non-slip grip in the middle gives you excellent control.
- spring loaded so that pushing the end delicately propels larvae off the tip and safely into the cell cup.
- Above all, as with any delicate task, practise makes perfect! Don’t be disheartened if you don’t have success the first time. Some grafters like to sharpen the end of the tool to make the job easier. As with all things about beekeeping there are many, many successful methods: you just have to find the one that suits you best.